Sunday, March 15, 2009

contacting me!

ok so i have a little more time to write while I wait for some early birds to get on facebook chat. the best way to reach me if you don't want to text or call (my parents, Lindsay or Peter can give you the number) is through facebook. I just got an internet phone so I should be able to sign on to that a couple times a week. email has yet to work, so hopefully it will soon.

I haven't been able to receive mail frequently, but I can't express how much I love getting it!!! Send me random funny stories, send me updates, send me anything! I devour it all! As for packages, I would wait to send the bulk of them until I am settled at site and am able to give you all my address for north western. I do not have a lot of space at my homestay house (I have to keep my bike in my room!) so anything I get now is just going right into storage anyway. but when the time comes to send me things I would LOVE dried fruit, magazines, pictures of you!, drawings, and little things that kids could play with (stickers, crayons, figures, etc.)

I make 11,000kwatcha a day during training, which makes me almost a millionare in a couple weeks, but it only amounts to $2 per day. So texts cost me 25 cents a text, so while it might be cheap for some things, when you compare it to how much I make it is really a lot of money.

there is a wonderfully Horrible asian dubbed soap opera on tv behind me. they just said "can't you just stop being a playboy for once" and all the peace corps people in here burst out laughing because the dubbing is so awful. they play the most random things on tv.

well....lindsay and peter didnt show up online (lazy bums) but i got to have a wonderful chat with sara! So I am signing off here. i will catch you later!

5 comments:

~Sara said...

am sending you a post card from Iceland!! so glad you are getting settled and having fun :)

love!

adam said...

hey carrie! a friend of mine is waiting to hear back from the peace corps also and told me that he requested africa, and i thought of when i'd bumped into you in new world... hope everything's going awesome over there, and good luck! i'm currently on the complete opposite site of the world, studying abroad in new zealand... i'm sure it doesn't compare to what you're up to though. have a greaaaat time

Lauren said...

Hey dear,
Miss you a ton and will send you mail super soon from HK since I am currently in Japan until the weekend. Any special Chinese/Japanese things you would like? If not you'll just get whatever I feel like sending you. :-D Glad your homestay is going well and I will talk to you sooooons I hope! What is the time difference there from the East Coast? We're probably closer in time so I will have to look for you on facebook chat.

Anonymous said...

I inadvertently posted my comments today under "Spelling Corrections," so look for them there. Oops. But, in essence, I hope that you are continuing to do well.

I want to know about your blog photograph and just what exactly are you doing that is making you look so devilish!!??!!

Love, Uncle Anonymous

Carrie said...

Adam, if you want to give your friend my AIM (carripunc) I could chat with him about any questions he might have