Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Second Site Visit

Hey All!
Sorry I havent posted in soooo long! It has been really busy! I did get to visit my site though last week, and it is beyond amazing.

I am living in a place called Kashima East. I am replacing a volunteer who lived in Kashima West, 5k from me, and who is going to live in Lusaka (so I can still pester her with questions! Yay!)

My town is amazing, they held a welcome party for me where some of the high school students sang for me. I got to see the resource center where they will be starting a nursery school soon, so if you want to send me cute pre-school lesson plans that you can find online I would love to use some. I hope to train that teacher and work closely with him.

I live across the street from the witchdoctor/traditional healer of the village. Check out my facebook note for more information on that.

Otherwise I am in really good health (knock on wood) and I swear in on April 24th as a true volunteer!

4 comments:

~Sara said...

yay! so exciting - that sounds like a blast. if you are all settled i'll be putting together a little pack for you, stickers and pictures for sure :) can't wait to hear more about your village!

Lauren said...

That sounds great Carrie! Can't wait to see some pictures.

What's really bizarre is that when I visited John in Japan there was a town nearby called Kashima. Japanese and African? Confusing.

Miss youuuu and I have some really adorable stickers for you that I bought in Japan and will send when I get back to HK in the beginning of May.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Carrie. It was great to see that you are back on here. It sounds as though you are in for some very exciting adventures. We love reading about the things you are doing. I am preparing a package for you and will send it soon. We do miss you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how nice to see you back on here. We watch this regularly to see what new things you are experiencing. It sounds so exciting.
We are preparing a package for you and will send it soon. We do miss you.