Saturday, February 21, 2009

Spelling Corrections

Even from half a world away I find a way to embarrass my daughter. Upon further review the capital of Zambia is "Lusaka", cite visits are really "site" visits, and the language of the village Carrie will be visiting is "bemba" and not bomba. Carrie would not have been so careless. Speaking of Carrie, she received a cell phone and was able to send and receive texts. Can't wait to hear if she will have reception in the remote villages. To Brittany's Dad,Brian thanks and I will e-mail you to share stories. Thanks all, Rick Navin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh jeez. I knew she got a phone, but I hadn't thought about the phone's reception. I went out and set up my phone especially so that i could text or call her, and i was wondering why it didn't seem to be working still. That's probably it.

-Peter

Carrie said...

thank goodness it worked! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

So, Carrie, tell us more about your blog photo. Where was this photograph taken, and are you making soup out of that mouse you found in your bed?? You have such a delightfully impish grin on your face, it seems clear that you are up to no good!

Gino and I saw a PBS special two nights ago where mice in Zambia are cooked on skewers and eaten like shish kebab. (Apparently it tastes like chicken). Yum, yum??

Love to you Carrie, Uncle Tom.

Anonymous said...

Clearly claiming "anonymous" was very effective in my previous comment, right?

Love, Uncle Anonymous