Monday, February 16, 2009

Update

Ok, Well a lot has happened this weekend and I won't write it all up here since this is public domain (you can call me and ask for more information if you are worried or interested.)

Basically after having a routine but last minute medical test my results were not great (nothing really wrong with me, just that procedure requires that I be tested again in 4-6 months to make sure that I am healthy.) Peace Corps officials told me that I would be unable to go to Zambia, but that I could be placed again. Long story short, I will attempt to get the full test results which could possibly (but slim chance) get me to Zambia, but more likely I will not be able to go and will have to go through the entire process again.

It is really hard not knowing what the result is until tomorrow, when staging is supposed to start. But either way...hopefully I will make it back to Africa. I would love, if after all my hopes of going to Zambia are crushed, to make it to Francophone Africa where my French skills would be used. Who knows...I am trying to keep my chin up. Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive!

No comments: